Call this chat the Ultimate Clash of the Oscar Predictions Titans. Glenn Whipp (L.A. Times) and Gold Derby senior editor Joyce Eng consistently have the best accuracy scores when competing against scores of other Experts who predict the Oscars and Emmys at Gold Derby. Now we’ve called them together to size up the current derby: What films are out front? Watch video of our chat above or listen to the audio podcast version below.
See our Oscar predictions for Best Picture stacked up against the rankings of 24 other Experts. See all of Glenn’s Oscar predictions here, Joyce’s predictions here, mine here. Disagree with us? Make your own predictions and compete against Gold Derby’s Experts.
“I currently have ‘A Star Is Born’ winning,” Joyce says. “I think that’s the one we have the most data on now and it’s the talk of the town right at the moment.” However, she warns: “I think ‘Green Book’ is very dangerous.”
Glenn agrees, calling “Green Book” “the sleeping giant of awards season.
- Beware: the queen approaches! Here’s why Olivia Colman is a serious threat to grab the Oscar crown for Best Actress
- Watch clash of 3 Oscar prediction Experts: Glenn Whipp, Joyce Eng & Tom O’Neil [Video & Audio Podcast]
- Tom O’Neil explains why Mahershala Ali is suddenly the new Oscar frontrunner
- Netflix to debut ‘Roma’ in 100+ theaters concurrent with web release
- How will ‘First Man’ take off at the Oscars?
- Oscar Best Picture race: ‘Roma’ and ‘A Star Is Born’ are tied for lead with 7/1 odds
- He will rock you: Rami Malek (‘Bohemian Rhapsody’) breaks out as a leading Oscar rival for Best Actor
- Oscar predictions slugfest over Best Actor: Pete Hammond vs. Anne Thompson vs. Tom O’Neil [Video & Audio Podcast]
- Oscar category confusion bedevils ‘The Favourite’ stars: Should Olivia Colman go for lead race?
- ‘Car Trouble’: New novel by Gold Derby Emmy Expert Robert Rorke
2A Star Is Born10/1
7If Beale Street Could Talk11/1
- Updated on: 03 Nov 18, 22:32 pm PT