Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2019 TV Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 TV Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Eden
Diet Teridax
Stegeo
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Newsweek, you rule.

“Bell’s first-ever Golden Globe nomination is long overdue, but at least the HFPA has come to their senses. Before Bell, the only actor to receive recognition for The Good Place was Hollywood veteran Ted Danson, at the Primetime Emmy Awards. So, it’s safe to say the 38-year-old actress is in a very good place at the moment. “

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

DRAMA: [Killing Eve + Sandra Oh], [Homecoming + Julia Roberts], Richard Madden
    COMEDY: [Kidding + Jim Carrey], [Barry + Bill Hader], Kristen Bell
    LIMITED SERIES/TV MOVIE: Sharp Objects, Hugh Grant, Amy Adams
    SUPPORTING ROLES: Ben Whishaw, Penelope Cruz

Carson Zhang
    Participant
    Topics:

The shutouts for The Haunting of Hill HouseThis Is Us, and Westworld were kind of expected, but the neglection of AtlantaGLOW, and The Handmaid’s Tale is insane. GLOW had a spectacular second season, and the only comedy Atlanta tailed was Barry. I’m not a huge fan of The Handmaid’s Tale, but it’s better than the other nominees besides The Americans and Killing Eve. The lack of more acting nominations for AtlantaThe Handmaid’s TaleThe Haunting of Hill HouseGLOW, and Westworld is also ridiculous. Zazie Beetz, Brian Tyree Henry, Lakeith Stanfield, Ann Dowd, Alexis Bledel, anyone from The Haunting of Hill House, Betty Gilpin, Marc Maron, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, and Jeffrey Wright all deserved better.
    As it is, I’m hoping The Americans takes home Drama Series and both acting awards for Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell. Supporting Actor for Henry Winkler, and Supporting Actress for Thandie Newton. Barry better win Comedy Series and Comedy Actor for Bill Hader, and Comedy Actress should be Rachel Brosnahan. Then Sharp Objects and Amy Adams for Limited Series and Actress, whoever takes Limited Series Actor I don’t mind.

Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

I was thrilled to get 44%, but really surprised at the ones I missed.

In drama, I am very puzzled at defending champs THT and SKB being dropped (although, as many say, that’s a “very HFPA” to do), so I guess I’m just relieved that Moss is back! This Is Us didn’t deserve to get shut out and, especially with no The Crown or Stranger Things eligible, I didn’t think that The Americans would come back as strongly as it did at the expense of TIU. Homecoming’s strong showing is also unexpected, but not as unexpected as the Bodyguard’s showing! Truly anything could happen in these categories.

In comedy, the voters seemed to prefer the old rather than the more recent, with The Kominsky Method and Kidding featuring established names rather than the usual new faces to shake things up. I suspect all Emmy winners to triumph here, though.

And in longform, American Crime Story did expectedly well, but no Ricky Martin? And it looks like Maniac was too offbeat, even for Globe voters to embrace. I thought there was a chance for Paterno to show up here with Globe faces Pacino and Keough, but it looks like it wasn’t to be. And the Connie Britton love persists, as she continues to get awards attention for each new role, even managing to get Bravo into the scripted awards show game!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Nate.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Nate.
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

DRAMA: [Killing Eve + Sandra Oh], [Homecoming + Julia Roberts], Richard Madden
    COMEDY: [Kidding + Jim Carrey], [Barry + Bill Hader], Kristen Bell
    LIMITED SERIES/TV MOVIE: Sharp Objects, Hugh Grant, Amy Adams
    SUPPORTING ROLES: Ben Whishaw, Penelope Cruz

This is accurate tbh, with Rhys and Clarkson (if they unanimously love Sharp Objects) vying for the win in their respective categories.

EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

I am devastated Kelly Jenrette didn’t get nominated for The Handmaid’s Tale.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I will say that Debra Messing is very deserving of recognition because she has been knocking it out of the park this season on Will & Grace. She rightfully did not get nominated last season.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

This is how staggering The Good Place’s showing was today. The Globes always go for the shiny new thing when it comes to their TV categories. If you don’t make it in your freshman season, you’re on the ropes already. A 2nd season and still no entry? DUNZO. This is why the coronation of Mrs. Maisel is far, farther and farthest from a sure thing. And with their debut in the WGA comedy series derby, this train has left the station and lord help any show in its way.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I want to abstain myself as much as possible from the TV GGs cause the noms are outrageous and laughable at best. They prove they don’t even care anymore for TV, but here it goes. Clarkson isn’t winning according to the predix center. It’s either Cruz along with the Series win (2 GGs in total for ACS) or Newton a la Dinklage for GoT. The latter probably isn’t happening cause they probably will want to not copy the Emmys but it’d be the perfect chance to give Westworld a Globe and be done with it, since it’s a huge show, like Dinklage for GoT (well, for him it was S1 and it was a new show, but u get what I mean). GoldDerbians were ignorant not to predict Banderas to get nominated, but here he is, and he is winning. That Globe has had his name since summer. He’s the veteran actor waiting to finally get that major award. As of SActor, I think Whishaw is winning this. I’d love Ramirez to win, but Whishaw was at least equally exceptional and I mean, what a career he’s had and he’s just 38, he’s a huge British actor, let’s be honest. He’s winning. So, American Crime Story: Series + Cruz, Sharp Objects: Actress, Genius: Actor, AVES: SActor. Everybody’s happy. As of Comedy, I’m still believing in Kidding + Carrey, something in which GoldDerby predix center doesn’t. It’s Showtime, it’s Carrey, I cannot see any other show winning. As of Actress, I don’t know what to think or where to start. I think Bell is just winning for fun, because she’s a huge name, or maybe Brie but doubtful without a series nom, or maybe Messing as the 30th GG nom for W&G just to be done with it, whether they’re deserving or not. Maybe Brosnahan repeats, but Idk. And Drama, I have still to finish Homecoming, but is it only me thinking it’s gonna be Rhys + Homecoming & Julia? GoldDerby loves Killing Eve, and Ik Sandra is hosting, but I don’t think they (HFPA) really care after all.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I am devastated Kelly Jenrette didn’t get nominated for The Handmaid’s Tale.

Oh, don’t be. She’s booked a series regular role on Jessica Biel’s new show. You see what an Emmy nom can do for you? She’s not done with us just yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 TV Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.