Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 12)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,046 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
Os
DC95
  • DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s time for a new thread again.

Once again, a non-exhaustive list of submissions can be found here:
    http://kaomundoan.com/forum/music/2019-grammy-predictions-part-10-newcat-submissions-edition/

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but my Album of the Year predictions are coming very close to being locked down. Currently I have 3 locks (Kacey Musgraves, Drake, Cardi B), 3 likelys (Ariana Grande, Janelle Monáe, Travis Scott), and 2 wild cards (St. Vincent, Leon Bridges).

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Post Malone will be the Katy Perry of the year by getting nominated because of multiple hits. He will lose everything, and deservedly so. I absolutely hope I am wrong about the nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Post Malone will be the Katy Perry of the year by getting nominated because of multiple hits. He will lose everything, and deservedly so. I absolutely hope I am wrong the nomination.

I read this as you saying Katy Perry will get nominated lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways I think Ariana and Travis can get into AOTY. Bias aside, both quality albums, great acclaim, sales, all around. Ariana had an excellent year, even throughout the hardships she’s faced, not saying that will solidify her as a AOTY nominee, but she definitely has a narrative that would push her into getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but my Album of the Year predictions are coming very close to being locked down. Currently I have 3 locks (Kacey Musgraves, Drake, Cardi B), 3 likelys (Ariana Grande, Janelle Monáe, Travis Scott), and 2 wild cards (St. Vincent, Leon Bridges).

I don’t think I’m gonna change mine much either. I have;

Locks: Cardi B, Drake & Kacey Musgraves.

Likelys: Janelle Monáe, Travis Scott

Wildcards: P!nk, Lauren Daigle, St. Vincent

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

My final nominees:
    Cardi B
    Drake
    Kacey Musgraves
    Janelle Monáe
    Post Malone
    Ariana Grande
    St. Vincent
    Kamasi Washington

I think the females will be spread evenly between genres (Rock/alternative, R&B, Rap, Pop and Country).

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways I think Ariana and Travis can get into AOTY. Bias aside, both quality albums, great acclaim, sales, all around. Ariana had an excellent year, even throughout the hardships she’s faced, not saying that will solidify her as a AOTY nominee, but she definitely has a narrative that would push her into getting in.

I went back-and-forth with Ariana in AOTY for the longest time, but she really does have an incredible narrative. She’s had a year of huge professional triumphs in the midst of personal setbacks, especially the unspeakable tragedy in Manchester last year, and the fact that Sweetener got great reviews only adds to that narrative. Though it’s not from the album, her first career #1 single is the cherry on top of a fantastic year. Grammy favorite Pharrell producing a large chunk of the album doesn’t hurt either. I think she’s in.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I just remembered that Stoney by Post Malone was placed in Urban Contemporary Album. Wonder why B&B wasn’t placed there…

BNA
    Patient – Rap Perf
    Congratulations – ROY, SOY, Rap/Sung, Rap Song, Video
    Homemade Dynamite – Pop DG
    Stoney – AOY, UrbCon Album

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I just remembered that Stoney by Post Malone was placed in Urban Contemporary Album. Wonder why B&B wasn’t placed there…

BNA
    Patient – Rap Perf

I think the R&B panel put their foot down, to an extent, on hip-hop albums being entered there. Young Thug was entered there last year too. This year, a lot of similar albums (XXXTentacion, Juice Wrld, etc.) were in Rap Album.

Beerbongs & Bentleys also has more pop/rock-leaning tracks than Stoney did (Better Now, Over Now, Stay, Psycho, Otherside, Blame It On Me, etc.).

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

BNA
    Patient – Rap Perf

Its the fact that since Stoney he became SO mainstream. And they didnt like that and used his race against him. His music is as Rap/More Rap than XXXTentacion and Lil Uzi Vert.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Kacey Musgraves’ victory last night for Album of the Year at the 52nd annual CMA Awards increases the likelihood that she’ll be nominated for Album of the Year at the 61st annual Grammy Awards. Her Golden Hour (MCA Nashville) beat Chris Stapleton’s From A Room: Volume 2 (Mercury Nashville), among other albums, for the CMA prize.

No country albums were nominated for the Grammy for Album of the Year last year. With eight slots for the Grammys’ Nominations Review Committee to play with this year, it’s unlikely they would bypass such a major genre two years running. The last time country was sidelined two years in a row was 2011-12, but that’s when there were just five Album of the Year slots.

Paul’s thinking what the rest of us are.

Stapleton won three CMA awards—Male Vocalist of the Year for the fourth year in a row and Single and Song of the Year for “Broken Halos.” Oddly, “Broken Halos” wasn’t entered in the Grammy process. Stapleton is instead entered in Record of the Year and Best Country Solo Performance with “Millionaire.”

He must have forgotten that Broken Halos won Country Song last year.

Also, River House/Columbia Nashville’s Luke Combs, who won New Artist of the Year at the CMAs, increased his chances of landing a Best New Artist nom at the Grammys. BMLG’s Brett Young, with whom Combs competed for the CMA honor, is also entered in the Grammy competition in that category, though he’s more of a long-shot.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=314224&title=KACEY,-LUKE-ARE-ONE-STEP-CLOSER-TO-GRAMMY-NOMS

ReplyCopy URL
    Shivam
    Participant
    Topics:

My final nominees for AOTY are also not going to change much either:

1. Golden Hour, Kacey Musgraves (Lock)

2.Invasion of Privacy, Cardi B (Lock)

3. Scorpion, Drake (Lock)

4. Dirty Computer, Janelle (Likely)

5. reputation, Taylor Swift (Likely)

6. MASSEDUCTION, St. Vincent (Likely)

7. Sweetener, Ariana Grande (Wildcard)

8. ASTROWORLD, Travis Scott (Wildcard)

Alt:

The Tree of Forgiveness, Josh Prine

Beautiful Trauma, P!NK

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

When are the “Experts” uploading their predictions on the prediction centre?

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Nomination day can NOT get here fast enough! Is it December 5th yet?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,046 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.