Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

Best Supporting Actress 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 231 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
36 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
M: The Original
PJ Edwards
  • Shady17Sg702
    Participant
    Topics:

WHERE IS NATALIE PORTMAN

Except for a few screens very few have seen Vox Lux, she’ll pop in Critics or SAG I think.

ReplyCopy URL
    marchingwizard
    Participant
    Topics:

If Regina becomes a sweep during the race ofc she’ll win over Weisz. BAFTA is much more worried about predicting Oscars than awarding british people

I don’t really think BAFTA cares about predicting the Oscars. Sometimes they do follow the Oscars but that’s not always the case. They love British period dramas. They awarded the King’s Speech both supporting actor for Geoffrey Rush and supporting actress for Helena Bonham Carter while the Oscars merely nominated them. And The Favourite is another British period drama so this could happen again.

ReplyCopy URL
    marchingwizard
    Participant
    Topics:

WHERE IS NATALIE PORTMAN

I am thinking it’s more and more likely she won’t appear anywhere… Even though the HFPA so called “loved” her performance, she still didn’t get nominated…

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Regina King seems on lock for the Oscar to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

“Vice” is the most nominated film at the Globes and the odds of it going home empty handed seems unlikely. I believe Regina King will continue to win most of the major critics’ awards but Amy Adams will pick up the Golden Globe, SAG Award, and Critics’ Choice Award on the way to Oscar.

I also believe the fact that Regina King is primarily a TV actress may work against her as it did for critics’ fave Laurie Metcalf last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I suspect King takes both GG/SAG (and the Oscar), with Weisz perhaps triumphing at BAFTA.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Drew Williams
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t believe Nicole didn’t slip in the five supporting actresses named. I was thinking she would be there more than Dramatic Lead when noms were announced this morning. Actually had her a double nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sister mary eunice
    Participant
    Topics:

Poor Elizabeth debicki she gave really powerful performance in widows she deserves some recognition

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Vice” is the most nominated film at the Globes and the odds of it going home empty handed seems unlikely.

The Post?

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

The Post also had 6 noms in GG last year. “Most noms film in GG” does not matter at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Vice having more noms than Beale Street doesn’t mean that Amy will beat Regina. The only thing Amy has over her is being a bigger star (she doesn’t even have an overdue narrative at the Globes since she already won twice in lead)

Regina is nearly sweeping the critics awards for Beale Street and already won the Emmy for Seven Seconds. She will fight for these awards

ReplyCopy URL
    Bird
    Participant
    Topics:

“Vice” is the most nominated film at the Globes and the odds of it going home empty handed seems unlikely. I believe Regina King will continue to win most of the major critics’ awards but Amy Adams will pick up the Golden Globe, SAG Award, and Critics’ Choice Award on the way to Oscar.

I agree Vice probably likely won’t go empty handed at the Globes, but it has tons of other opportunities to win something. I currently have Bale winning lead over Mortenson (and possibly winning at Oscar also). Plus it has a shot at Comedy Picture and Screenplay.

Amy Adams does have the overdue narrative going on for Oscars. But there’s two obstacles in her way, at least for the Globes.

1. Her overdue narrative does not transfer over to the Globes. She already has two Comedy Actress wins.
    2. There’s a solid chance she’s already winning on the TV side of thing for Sharp Objects.

I suppose Adams could sweep up at SAG and BAFTA and take the Oscar, but I doubt she’s taking the Globe.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Adams and King are both double nominees and both of their nominations are in the same categories! I think King will win for her movie but I have to check the nominees for TV, I think that’s the category that Julia Roberts is nominated for Homecoming? I think she will win if that’s the case.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bird
    Participant
    Topics:

Adams and King are both double nominees and both of their nominations are in the same categories! I think King will win for her movie but I have to check the nominees for TV, I think that’s the category that Julia Roberts is nominated for Homecoming? I think she will win if that’s the case.

Nope. Julia’s in drama, while King and Adams are Limited Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I also believe the fact that Regina King is primarily a TV actress may work against her as it did for critics’ fave Laurie Metcalf last year.

Allison Janney is primarily known for her TV work, though.

Regina King is going to take the Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 231 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.